SCHOOL UPDATE: Arc is open Wednesday, Feb 13. The road conditions are drivable on major routes in the Victoria core with the forecast of plus zero temperatures.
Live Your Own Learning.
Victoria's Only Interdisciplinary Inquiry Middle School
Franklin Mint 1 24 Duesemberg Derham Tourster 1930 J rnpugc2559-Cars, Trucks & Vans
|Condition:||Used : |
An item that has been used previously. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab
|Seller Notes:||“Ottime condizione. Mai esposto. Manca la scatola di cartone originale. Viene venduto solo con la scatola di polistirolo (come in foto)Excellent condition. Never exposed. The original cardboard box is missing. It is sold only with the polystyrene box (as in the picture)”|
- Amusing Hobby 1 35 35A012 German Panther II Predotype Design Plan
- 310D Kit Artisanal URSS Moskvitch 400 Russie 1 43
- PORSCHE 911 GT3 CUP N°50 24 Heures NURBURGRING 2012 SPARK 1 43
- BO885-0,5x Schuco H0 1 87 Modell Audi+VW Käfer+MB+Ford+Shelby+Karmann, NEUW
- MARKLIN MäRKLIN 48303 SONDERMODELL DB LOWENBRAU MUNCHEN BIER BEER WAGON
- 44-0042 Scenecraft OO HO Gauge Timber and Stone Signal Box
- Wegiel Royal 48 European Wooden Handmade Chess Set. Best Price
- 25mm 19th century zulus - warriors 16 figures - inf (22919)
- NEO Saab 95 GL Brown 1 43 43767
- 1 87 Brekina Ladegut Set 8 x Opel Kadett für Eisenbahnwagen 90471
- LS1805A by LOOKSMART LAMBORGHINI HURACÁN GT3 18
- Lead soldier toy. Conan the Barbarian,detailed toy,Elite.handpainted
- Dodge Viper Gts-R Oreca 2000 Daytona Ganador en 1 18 Escala de Top Marques
- Miniatura Rextoys Portugal R Cadillac V16 1938-40 Torpedo Pdt. Roosevelt 1 43
- Corgi CC12803 Scania T Cab Tipper Maguires Ltd Edition No. 0005 of 5100
- Su-85 Early Production Tank Mod.1944 with Interior Plastic Kit 1 35 Model
- SOLIDO-SOLIDO 2 camions militaires ONU UNIC 31
- Dinky Toys - 129 - Volkswagen Beetle 1200 De Luxe Saloon VN MIB
- 25mm napoleonic british - foot 2 guns & crews - art (33327)
Opening a progressive inquiry middle school takes a very committed community, and becoming a part of the family also has its privileges. Founding Families and new families are ensuring this type of education is available for more children. Our hearts go out to these families with the utmost gratitude.
How To Apply
Submit an online application form, which will be received by our Admissions Team. Applicants will be contacted in a timely fashion to arrange for a parent interview.
Life at Arc
There is school and there is learning...
We know the difference.
Arc focuses on nurturing the whole child, valuing the development of social and emotional skills along with academics. At different stages of their education an Arc student may study art, music, philosophy, and technology as well as the regular subjects in the BC Curriculum. Critical thinking, scientific literacy, and support for skills in reading and writing are emphasized.
There is supervised and varied physical activity every day. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Walking or running
- Playing games at the park
- Dance, rock climbing, and soccer
- Use of community facilities (such as ice skating and swimming)
Every day also includes time for play and rest, both of which are essential for children’s development. In all our programs, we seek to balance rich opportunities for intellectual growth with the time needed for children to absorb and integrate what they have learned.
"Where students learn from teachers, and teachers learn from students, and everyone learns from each other."
- Sir Ken Robinson ON INQUIRY LEARNING
There is more than education here.
There is a team of dedicated, smart, and sometimes funny people collaborating together who brought this into existence. Some have depth in structuring sustainable entities, others bring expertise in education. Every one of them is passionate about giving youth more inquiry opportunities. It is this combined brilliance that makes this more than a school.
We currently offer teaching to students in grades 6-8.
And we know full-well our children will live a life that we can’t even wrap our heads around, to work jobs that haven’t yet been invented, and for organizations that don’t yet exist. This school has unique attributes that prepare students to handle the future.
If you are interested in learning more about Arc, we welcome you to explore our website or contact us to arrange an interview.
"Inquiry-based learning is the most engaging and inspiring way for my kids to learn."
- FOUNDING FAMILY
Igniting students' interest.
Inquiry learning is a researched, proven instructional model that is engaging and meaningful for students. Instead of the teacher telling students what they need to know, inquiry-based learning asks students to construct their own knowledge through experiences and explorations.
There will always be a need for direct teaching, but overusing this instructional approach causes students to tune out or lose touch with their own agency. Inquiry-based learning can accomplish deeper levels of learning that build on student strengths and passions to actively discover knowledge.
With inquiry-based learning, students are guided through some or all of the follow activities:
- Formulating a set of questions
- Designing an investigation
- Identifying and collecting resources
- Developing explanations based on evidence
- Sharing investigation findings
- Reflecting on the learning process and outcomes
Our learning model motivates students to learn and advances their problem solving and critical thinking skills. Teachers monitor their inquiry process and provide guidance when they encounter difficulties.
"Sat through a keynote on creativity. Confirms my belief that Arc Academy is so needed in Victoria, and that your values and beliefs are exactly what the world needs."
- Educator at confraute uconn